Monday, April 29, 2013

How I Loved Loneliness or Moreover the Best James Bond Actor of All Time


Really tonight I want to sing 
Frank O’Hara what is it these 
Past weeks that makes me
Return again and again to your poems?

Frank O'Hara was no James Bond
For reals. He was no
Day winding down to night.

Yes 
He was.

O I get it. Frank O’Hara is it.
He’s my favorite James Bond actor!

You said God I fucking love
Roger Moore.  You said
That’s secretly why I bought
A Volvo 1800.  

You asked me to write a poem
In the voice of Roger Moore.

I said You might not like the voice
You hear however for Roger Moore
Is my second-to-last least favorite
Bond. (He runs like a knock-kneed
Pansy-ass.) What do you love
About Roger Moore? 

(I said your answer will inform 
This poem and your Volvo 1800
Will likely end up in this pome as well.)

HOW DARE YOU!
Moore's dashing somewhat effete Bond
Is by far my favorite. All those gadgets
And outfits and cool 70s shit!
You can't hold the sissy shit against him.
That was THE POINT of the Roger Moore Bond,
Muttsy! The Spy Who Loved Me 
Would wake me out of a coma. 
My great grandma was a Sean Connery lady
All the way (shudder). 

Oh, we used to get into it.

2nd to least favorite??? 
Barely above STEVEN SEAGAL?
You have got to be shitting me, man.
Karl Stromburg wanted to build a new Atlantis!!
That shit is right up my alley. I wanna cry
Just thinking about it.
The ski chase!!
Come on!!
The flag!

Whoa, whoa. Slow down, Ingpree.
Is it so awful that your great-grandmother
And I share the same favorite?

FUCKING JAWS!
SEAN CONNERY??? OH HELL NO.

I get it. You seem to be drawn by the glitz
The simulacra of the Moore-Bond (and yes
They all had that). But I have the eye of a grunt
Of a foot-soldier and I know what it takes to do
Some of that shit (not that I ever did any of it).

And, please, stop shouting.

I CAN'T YOU HAVE ME WORKED UP!
SCOTTISH BOND? SO WRONG.

(At least you resisted double
Exclamation points.)

!!!!!!

O you.  I'm a plebe at heart
A mutt a working class grunt.
Connery appeals to my low-brow youth.
It's a class thing I think.

WELL I don't want some brutish lug.
I want a Bond who looks like
He could wake up between me
And a hot Turkish pool-boy
And be unfazed.

To which we say O Frank O'Hara
Please tell us
Something we can understand.

No comments: