Monday, June 24, 2013

Well That Past We Have’s Always with Us eh?


I am the tiny leopard that leaps on high bookcases
When you are away I am searching for unequaled
Knowledge in lonely dust covered tomes you don’t
Intend to read I know so I offer all my gall my tricks
My savage rage to fake leather-bound books I hate
So much when you’re gone I march across the high
Ledge between ceiling and wall toppling three four
Five your Boston ferns I only lunge at what you keep
Secure oranges Halifax and tumbrils are my favorite
Words I won’t become a martyr of your silly chili but
Still I spill it to show how much I adore your secrets
Your recalcitrant heart and night seems to prefer
Us I say but you say it’s all about mirepoix and herbs 
De Provence and looking bored while it happens

No comments: