Tuesday, June 11, 2013

So As to Give Titles to Our Suffering


Here among all these cluttered words I find not one
What with this constant ringing this thin screech of tinnitus
Here among all the stars that blur and fade into sunrise
Not a single wish worthy of morning’s woven language
Here among all the fixed ideas of omnipotent law some
Telephone is expecting me in vain to say hello to whom?
Here among something dark and dystrophic perhaps
I’m the one who peeks through a keyhole to see vast
Ecstasies of dawn and harbingers of your bright voice
Here among the photo-copied manuals of friendship
Which speak not on a single reciprocity of proud morbidity
You cleanse my spirit with your breath you rinse me clean
Here among all these tongues of worthless advice and no
Saying worth inscription you with such wit and with such what?


No comments: