Wednesday, June 12, 2013

A Long and Rough Ride and We Will Be Very Happy



How do you keep doing it you say tell me how?
You smirk when I say my craven audacity and 
Fierce cowardice open these feeble eyes and
Get me nowhere but I get there fast as hell
How do I do it? I grab hold and I never let go
That’s the simple secret of making poems you just
Wrap desperate arms around the shaggy neck
And make a double clenched fist with your hands
Too easy is not the boast of an actual poet
This beast bucks mountains it backhands ideologies
It smashes  beloved beliefs into diamond dust
It takes shit from no one especially not the scribe
Who holds on with craven audacity and fierce
O such fierce cowardice to the neck of poetry

1 comment:

Pony Payroll Bones said...

Right on! Poetry certainly does kick the shit outta you...over and over and over...