Friday, January 22, 2016

The Words I Found for You


Susurration’s the sound the scissors make
When cutting from exquisite paper
My most exceptional persona
So distant my step becomes voicelessly loud
So near to you now that it whispers a scream

Colors become muted
Translucent as the moon

Quick! open the window and set it free

Feel blind and hardly yourself tonight
Like the dormant schmetterling
Unshiningly piercing your heart

Pack shadows in a burlap saddlebag 
Because after great catastrophe
There comes a quiet light
The Brazilians call saudade

No one knows my dreams lack eyelashes
Except you and only you can see
Me dupe myself into thinking I’m more
Than an ink-slinging paper stainer
Picking noses and locks and wondering what
Prick nailed his khausillus to my testicles

Who cares if worms englut our gut the day we die?

Sacapuntas is a Spanish word I think 
Which means a man agrin with silly symbols
Tattooed to his tongue
Emblems that have no translation

Pingüino’s the upside-down map
Used by pescadero’s to chart
The infinitesimal beat of ennui’s wing
Briefly casting shadows on our faces

Okay but there’s always oak
A good woody sort of word

Germans like the word genau
I like Germans
Mostly


No comments: