Sunday, January 24, 2016

Let’s Fandango


I dance eyes closed and wordlessly
With strangers who are you and me

I dance little days little hours little breaths
The way you take a little exercise

I dance with hoodlums who steal my grammar
On behalf of winter-stained grackles

I dance insufficiently with the sun in some
Very beautiful countries

I dance officiously with the abbot of unreason
Who rides a dandy-horse into the dizzying void

I dance the presentment of Englishry
While playing tickly-benders on thin ice

I dance on the stool of repentance
Forswearing impetuous flames of book-burnings

I dance with the ghosts of drunk sailors
Carousing on ice-bound ships

I dance where the williwaw blows
Frigidly down the mountainous coast

I dance on Tom Tiddler’s verbicidal ground
Loudly proclaiming the thinghood of the thunderbox

I dance like a gerund-grinder and grammaticaster
Majestically flapping my bingo wings

I dance joyless jimjams and flagrant flamfews
Peevish gewgaws and ornery hogen-mogens

I dance foregleams of the fire-flag
Hints of nocked arrows and chambered rounds

I dance the sockdologer of the thunderclap
With outward-sainted poets and politicians

I dance the lost cursive called moon-glade
Also known as the quiddity of estranghelo

I dance on the serendipitous tint of starlit water
The tintinnabulous glint of silent bells

I dance enwollowed in the mud of memory
Drenched in desire’s dark ooze

I dance in the tree-chamber of childhood
With the recollected echo of a yikkering squirrel

I dance without the winter inwit of the Inuit

I dance inviolable involutions nonetheless

I dance I dance 
I dance a terpsichorean rhythm
So you will dance with me


No comments: