Saturday, January 10, 2015

Storms Get Boring but You Don't


If my dreams lack eyelashes
If they need your violet-blue eyes well
I feel to swallow that dark-voweled word
I must do so with feeling

I understand it’s a yellow desert
Your eyes gaze upon dear girl
Your blessedly immodest eyes
Your eyes with their icy avidity

But to feel everything you see
To feel the opalescence of seeing
And now to shut your opaline eyes
And now to show your opaline knickers

O I speak with a split tongue!
I spit dappled sunlight on your body
I spew windy-wind with which
Your rococo hair loves to dance

Thirsty for your moist words dear girl
My arid throat is a yellow desert
My desiccated gullet clucks and clucks
Dryly and without a drop of irony

I dream your eyes are turbid opals
Cloudy blue gems gleaming faintly
Not with dust but with tiny star clusters
Twin galaxies frozen in stones

No comments: