Monday, April 14, 2014

After Chasing Constellations through the Martyred Oaks


Here I am again at the sluggish river
Clammy as an August night stifled and bemused

With the tip of my glowing tongue
I write your name in the air

My desires flutter from my mouth
My delicate desires
They never manage quite to cross the river

I am held by star-thread always exactly
Three inches off the planet

In my role as a celestial body
Of course you say I lack the proper gravitas

My laughter intoxicates the potbellied moon

All the trees all their boughs all their leaves
Lean in the direction of your impending arrival
You of the fragrant fume you of dour questing

When may I offer you
The virtuous imperfections of my voice?
When may I give you
A few grains of dust more or less?

Fireflies wallow in drunken shadows
Fireflies perfume the woods with tiny farts

No comments: