Thursday, May 16, 2013

But How Can We Care If Anybody Gets It?


We love hugging the ground in spring
Here on the shore of this indifferent river
We love a word small and sharp enough
To choke on without being ostentatious
We love hating us but we’re so comfortable
Wearing each other’s clothes yours and mine
We love all right let’s not okay we’ll call
Us as soon as the telephone stops ringing
We love when do we want to go we don’t
Know let’s go okay stop yelling right now
We love mosaics on the kitchen floor after all
These pleasures of disaster break the dishes
We love hugging the ground in spring
Here on the shore of this indifferent ocean

1 comment:

Unknown said...

NEW AGE BABY BLUES
If you wanna be my baby, you got to bring it on ok
Last night I was all whoo
My baby started kissin me I didn't wanna go
Cause when I'm lovin I'm crazy
I like to have my fun
I don't wanna have to jump up and run
I'm not simpleminded, this is just how I behave
When I'm lovin. I don't normally abuse folky anachronisms
And hop around doing moves
I am not normally a drinking person
Even though my clothes are well you know but it's not me
The government did it
The government sank the sun behind my baby
She was doing her moves and drivin me crazy
She pulled the wrong tarot card and it was like bam
Crystals happened to my baby
Cloudy crystals from the internet cursin my baby's fortune
The government hired the internet to sink the sun
I saw on the internet that my baby was a goner
My heart became an unspeakable new thing
So fucked I couldn't control my legs
It was a time slip, I was suddenly so folky
So tonight this is how I behave
Tonight I am a drinking person in shitty clothes
Doing moves even the internet has never heard of
Like a lovin machine trying to wash my mind
My mind is not usually like this, but the government