Sunday, September 14, 2014

Offering You This Light in Handfuls


I appear among your many September days
I arrive at the ramparts toting the enemy’s plunder  
I know there is never more than one street to find

I salute your days under the abandoned aqueduct
I see through the breach livid glitter in your hair
I address myself to the heat of your narrow street
I am really at the end of your quiet alley

I the radiant vagrant of your urban murals
I the scent of your closed eyes when you dream
I the water rubbing against your hands
I the water that sharpens knives

I promise to sooth your luminous wounds

I want to hear poetry smoothed by your hand
I am speaking to the wind go ahead and laugh
I have plenty of time to start decomposing

I offer you no gestures nor exceptional signals
I offer you the salubrious humming of mirrors
I offer you the strident whine of humming birds
I offer flowers that complicate their own shapes

I am whistling down empty corridors 
I can hear you almost purring
I bear the mark of your breath on my forehead

I hardly feel my breath when I whisper your name

I assume several lives would not be long enough
I feel clean when I look at you


No comments: