Saturday, January 07, 2012

Some Love Don't Got No Right to Speak

We asked for the noir suite
with a flashing neon sign
outside the window.

I closed the door behind us,
and here's what she whispered
in my cauliflower ear:

When two equally dangerous people
sniff around the same flame,
they both lose 
their wings in fire and smoke.

Her father was attorney general
a few years back.

You're not a turnip, she said.
You're not, are you.

I blew cigarette smoke out my nose
like a cartoon bull.

No advantages known by the police, she said,
putting faith in an obviously dubious turd.

This is a story 
told from the point-of-view of a crook
with the hots for a high-heeled
daughter-of-privilege
and lots to lose.

A self-centered way of looking at it,
she said, like an undistinguished actor
playing an undistinguished human being.

Listen, sister, I know
the difference between a good
and a bad girl so's I can,
so's I can
spit in anyone's eye.

I did before and had my share.
I got nowhere, she said.
It doesn't matter what you did.
We could see this night through.

What are you,
I said to the naked
two-pane window,
a bunch of cock suckers?

Stop laughing
or kiss my fist.

No comments: